New Wine Ireland is a movement of churches working together to change the island of Ireland through a network of church leaders, our summer conference and training and resource events.
New Wine Ireland has a vision that in our generation:
- we will see churches across Ireland renewed and restored, with passion for the Word and Works of God;
- we will see individuals and families transformed by meeting Jesus and empowered by His Holy Spirit and this will impact our society; and
- Christians will feel compelled to go out and share the good news of Jesus – forgiveness, healing, hope, restoration and new life – across the length and breadth of Ireland and further afield.
To find out more visit: www.newwineireland.org
When will you be needed ?
Flexible – to be agreed with the volunteer.
First Floor, 103-113 Ravenhill Road, Belfast BT6 8DR
The nature of this volunteer post and the interaction with church leaders and individuals is such that the volunteer will be a committed Christian who supports the vision and values of New Wine Ireland.
What will you be doing?
Assisting with the day to day accounting of New Wine Ireland and (depending on experience) assisting the General Manager with budgeting and reporting on financial performance to the Board of Directors/ Trustees. This will involve helping us to move New Wine Ireland’s accounts from Microsoft Excel to Sage 50 Accounts (in January/ February 2017). We also need help with bank reconciliations, invoicing, payments and recording receipts in accordance with financial procedures.
What skills and experience are needed?
- Financial administration experience.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Information Technology literate with experience of using Microsoft Excel and Sage 50 Accounts.
- Attention to detail.
What will you gain from this?
- A chance to make a difference to the lives of people across Ireland.
- An opportunity to be part of a well-respected all-Ireland charity.
- Personal development.
- The chance to work with paid staff, other volunteers and supporters.
How to express an interest
If you are interested in this role or would like more information, please contact John Stewart, General Manager, via firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 028 90 287011 by 5.00 pm on Friday 27 January 2017.